Monday, December 15, 2008

Early Morning Laundry


3:30 am - Here I am, awake as can be. It might have something to do with the long nap I took yesterday afternoon. It might have something to do with the long list I made just before bed last night of things I have to get done this week. Or it might just be that about once a week I wake up really early. I don't know. But, I've learned to accept it.

Regardless, today I'm taking this "opportunity" to do laundry. Our hot water is going to be shut off today from 7am until, supposedly, 11pm for repairs. I'm not sure how strongly I feel about water temperature and laundry. However, I do know that doing laundry while there are men working in the basement is less than ideal. Waiting until tomorrow isn't really an option either, unless I don't want to wear pants today. So, I'm doing laundry while I know there's no competition for the washer. And in a while I'll take advantage of the still-hot showers.

Now I'm just hoping the hot water repairs don't shut down the radiators, which I'm pretty sure depend on hot water as well. The wind chill today is supposed to be around -10. I'm not interested in braving that without some sort of artificial heat. Maybe I'll bake, all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment