Wednesday, August 26, 2009

And Sometimes We're Awake...



...even when Virginia is sleeping.

We do, however, creep into her room quite often to admire her and enjoy her peaceful sleep. I've decided this is either a very good thing or a sign that I need a hobby. Okay, I have hobbies, I just prefer enjoying her. It reminds me of the summer I lived in Washington, DC, and worked for the Public Defender. I spent all day doing criminal defense work, and when I came home in the evening I would watch Law & Order marathons. I guess that's one way I figured out that criminal law was undoubtedly the place for me. I'm a person of limited interests. I had a bit of deja vu the other night when I put Virginia to bed and immediately started looking at pictures of her on my computer. I guess being her mom must be a good fit for me too.

1 comment:

  1. I love you, sorella, and I love this post! I'm glad you commemorated that AMAZING DRESS! Love it! And I like the comparison to law school and law and order, knowing you are meant to be a mom when you do mom stuff even after she is asleep :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete