Sunday, September 5, 2010

Celebrating


I like the fall
The mist and all
I like the night owl’s lonely call
And wailing sound
Of wind around

I like the gray
November day
And dead, bare boughs that coldly sway
Against my pane
I like the rain

I like to sit
And laugh at it
And tend my cozy fire a bit
I like the fall

I didn't write this poem, Dixie Willson did. But a friend recently introduced me to it, and I love it. It was exactly what I needed to cheer me up on a miserable, hot August day. No, I am not a summer person. So now that things have turned cooler, I'm welcoming Autumn and the opportunity to enjoy more beautiful leaves (it's not that fallish yet; the trees are changing, but the picture above is from last year). Bring on the fall!!
The mist and all
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy autumn! Beautiful leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that motion! I've been LOVING the weather the last few days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that poem! This is, without a doubt, my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete