Thursday, November 10, 2011

Captured!

Well, I've made more attempts at photographic representations of my latest offspring. Here are the results:

He is, of course, more cooperative when sucking on something.
 But these two aren't bad, except for the weird lower lip sucking in the first one.

 I can make most of the separate pieces look right, though it's difficult to get them all looking right together.
 Here's what he looks like most of the time (asleep).
 He only looks like this a little bit, mostly when his diaper or clothes are being changed.

And this one, I think, is my favorite.

1 comment:

  1. This is totally bizarre, but apparently I have sufficiently forgotten the terrors of labor that I was having a little bit of pregnant envy when I'd read your pregnancy posts. And now I'm having newborn envy. I love newborns! They are so tiny and squinty and sloth-like and looking at your baby makes me want to hold one!

    I also thought I'd throw out that he's definitely his own little man, because he doesn't seem to look a whole lot like a newborn Virginia. But don't ask me whether he looks more like you or James. Because I have no idea.

    And on a random note, I went to book group for the first time tonight in this ward. So different. We read Outliers and the first thing people wanted to talk about was how God had placed these successful people in extraordinary situations to achieve great things. Not that I'm not arguing against that or anything, I just don't think that it'd be the first topic of discussion in your book group. And no one said anything even mildly political or controversial. (Except for me, of course. Not sure if that's going to make me any friends...)

    Miss you and hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete