Friday, December 9, 2011

On the Proper Place for Siblings



Every time we drive past the hospital where Thomas was born, Virginia points it out as "where Thomas lives." I've tried to explain that he lives with us now. It hasn't quite sunk in.

I've always suspected that, while she does like Thomas, she wishes his parents would come pick him up so she can have her parents all to herself again. My suspicions were confirmed today.

Scout had an appointment at the Children's Hospital for a hearing test and I told her we'd be going to the hospital today. At first, she seemed to think she'd be getting yet another baby brother. She wasn't exactly thrilled. Nope, I cleared that one up fairly easily. After that, when I said we were going to the hospital, she would excitedly add, "with Thomas." I figured it was sweet that she wanted her little brother to come along. Not so. When it came time to put on her coat she informed me that we were on the way to the hospital to take Thomas back.

Sorry kiddo, not today.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! It's hard to not be the only one any more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that the hope is that she'll warm up to Thomas eventually (and I'm sure she will) doesn't it make you a little happy to know that she loves you so much that she's not interested in sharing you at all?
    Guess it's because she has such a good Mommy! (And Daddy!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you're recording all this, cause someday she's going to read it and laugh.

    ReplyDelete