Monday, May 11, 2009

My Weekend

Me on Friday night, super excited to be 37 weeks along. I was having a hard time being serious while James took my picture.
Me at my baby shower on Saturday, checking to see whether Virginia's new clothes were going to fit her. At this point I'd been having regular contractions for about six hours and my water was broken. But I decided I'd rather pass a few hours with friends than sitting in the hospital.
Me with my Mother's Day present. She's perfect.
Virginia Ann McKay
born: 10:17 p.m., Saturday, May 9, 2009
weight: 6 lbs. 15 oz.
length: 18.5 in.

12 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you :D She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! What lovely lovely timing and a strong, beautiful name! I can't believe it. Sono una nonna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo! I'm glad we squeaked in the baby shower when we did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Our little girls can be best buds. I guess it's good she came when she did instead of a couple of days later when her daddy was clear across the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Melanie, she is so beautiful! I hope you are doing well, I cannot wait to see her when you come "home" again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAAAAAAAAAAT????? You cheater! You got to have her EARLY!!! OK, OK, I really am so happy for you three:) What a sweet, darling little tiny babe! So little! I can't believe how tiny you still were at 37 weeks. I'm pretty much that big right now at 22 weeks. Sigh... So everything went well? I am so glad! Now I really need to get that package in the mail... Love ya! More pics please:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!!! I can't wait to meet her! How wonderful to have her just in time for Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah! Congrats! She looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, now I feel really guilty about not getting your present in the mail yet... Guess I'll have to get it shipped ASAP. Guess I thought I would still have time. =)

    ReplyDelete