Sunday, May 17, 2009

Virginia's First Week

My week was a very busy one. So much for a newborn to do....

My first order of business was informing everyone how much I did NOT appreciate the camera flashing all the time.

Of course I also had to spend as much time as possible bonding with my dad before he left for his big trip to Europe. I gave him plenty of messy diapers to change so he wouldn't feel left out.

I borrowed a carseat to go home in (my parents weren't quite ready for me yet, so I had to wait for my own carseat to come in the mail). At least my grandma gave me a blanket to keep me warm on the trip.Shortly after I got home, my grandma came to help take care of me. I think we're going to get along well.
I learned to focus on things, especially my mom's face.

I went to the doctor, though I didn't like it!
I showed off my skills, learned in the womb. If I hold really still, maybe no one will know I'm there. It worked every time daddy tried to feel my kicks (until, of course, I was kicking so much he could SEE them).
I took a bath. I'm still not sure how I felt about that experience, but I'm willing to try it again.

I practiced my yoga. Namaste.In addition to the yoga, I spent plenty of time just relaxing.Then, when it was time for my dad to come back, I got all dressed up for him.

And in honor of his homecoming, I had my first diaper blowout as soon as he got home. I knew he wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to change me.It was an exhausting week. So, I took every opportunity to get lots of sleep.

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet little Virginia. Love this narrative. And Melanie, your mom is adorable! What was Virginia's dad doing in Europe? Love to you all. I hope somehow, someway, I am able to meet this little one before she is all grown up! How far is Madison from Door County?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a doll :D She's so tiny...do you think she has her dad's eyes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! She's so cute! I'm so glad your mom got to come out and be with you--I can just imagine she probably makes the perfect grandma, doesn't she? Sweet Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. James had a conference in Germany the week after she was born, and he stopped in Liverpool to visit his brother's family while he was across the pond. We're just glad she wasn't born while he was gone (believe me, I was worried)!

    And yes, Tiffany, I do think she has James's eyes. She got my long fingers. And we have no idea where the adorable nose came from.

    ReplyDelete