Thursday, June 25, 2009

Collage Obsessed

Here is what Virginia looked like at four weeks old....

And here she is at five weeks...
And now, because James tells me I'm obsessed, an explanation of my (perhaps excessive) use of collages:

Basically, I like collages because they allow me to include several shots of the same incident so I can better capture it. Then, by looking at all the photos, you get a better idea of what it was like to be there. By seeing multiple shots of Virginia, you get a more realistic idea of what she really looks like. Or at least that's what I think. I like photographs to capture some piece of the experience and it's often difficult for me to choose just one shot that really "captures" Virginia. Okay, really I just can't pick only one shot. Here's another classic example of me being totally unable to choose just one:
Though I think if I had to pick, my favorite would be the bottom left. Or maybe the bottom right. Okay, I can't do it. And this is a scaled down collage from the twelve-shot monster that it once was. I'm hopeless (or the children in my life are too cute...or both).
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree on all acounts. Our nieces and nephew are the cutest and really need the many pictures to capture the moments. These are so cute!! Virginia is quite the photo- genic little one and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock. I can't wait to see you and Virginia in a few days! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete