Thursday, October 29, 2009

Is this the part where I get lemonade?

You know those days where you wake up at 3 a.m., realize that your contacts are still in and once you take them out you just can't get back to sleep? So you turn on your laptop to be a little productive and discover that after you fell asleep your husband (accidentally) downloaded a virus? And then the baby wakes up earlier than usual? And her morning nap, during which you're supposed to take a shower, lasts five minutes? And the only pair of pants that you were going to wear is dirty? And you start getting everything together really early so you'll be sure to leave early, but somehow you're late anyway? And you discover that you got a parking ticket in the night? And your turn signals decide to completely cease working just because they can?

Well, I am having one of those days. I think I will move to Australia.

The good news is...the weather is perfect (yep, a rainy, cloudy fall day is my idea of perfection), although the baby wasn't sleeping she did lay in bed cooing until I went to get her, and I'm on my way to the grocery store, where I can purchase myself some lemons, some lemonade, or just a nice brownie mix. Forget the lemonade, I'm having chocolate!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you had a bad day! I was thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you were doing... I should email you, but until I get to that, know that I'm thinking of you!
    You definately deserve chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this BLOG. I think I'll write more like this. Because we all have crummy days. Thanks for sharing yours. It made me realize that perhaps my day isn't as bad as I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (I meant, "Love this blog POST")

    ReplyDelete
  4. horrible terrible no good very bad days deserve LOTS OF CHOCOLATE (chocolate covered lemons?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom says some days are like that ... even in Australia.

    ReplyDelete