Thursday, October 7, 2010

Announcement

At the ripe old age of 16 months 28 days, Virginia McKay, who loves to sit on the floor and read her books and never take any unecessary risks, has finally learned to walk.
She's been taking independent steps for a month now, but not standing or walking really. Tonight something clicked. Suddenly, she was pivoting, she was walking toward a destination, and she was pausing every three or four steps to clap and cheer for herself. At long last, she gets it. And she knows she gets it. And we're all pretty ecstatic. Friends were invited to come watch, grandparents were called, videos were shot (though they refuse to load so you can't watch them), plans were made for the children at story time to finally stop patting her on the head and treating her like an infant. Now I just have to hope she'll still have it figured out tomorrow morning.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Scout! I love that she claps for herself :) She is on the path to greatness, I tell you -- I didn't walk until I was 18 months old, and look at me now!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo! Way to go Virginia! There's no stopping her now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAhoo!! That makes me so excited!!! We need to skype and see if she will do it for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome, but be prepared for even more chasing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are more destructive when they are mobile. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yipee!!! Now you get the fun of watching her run! And running after her.

    ReplyDelete