Saturday, March 7, 2009

Pre-Spring Madison


I thought you might like to see what life looks like in our corner of the world. Above are a few pictures I've taken around town over the past few days. I'm definitely beginning to enjoy this business of having a digital camera and having it with me all the time so I can whip it out and shoot photos whenever I feel so inclined. These were all taken while I was just out running errands and noticed something I liked. If you're wondering, yes, the lake is still frozen (James and I went and walked on it the other day and people are still ice fishing). It reminds me of the marshes in Lord of the Rings in its current, puddly state. But, I haven't needed a coat, hat, scarf AND gloves every time I go outside this week. We may thaw out yet.

The disadvantage of what I'm calling the pre-spring season (because winter was VERY different, a lot colder and a lot more snow) is that all parking lots and most streets have these rather unattractive piles of blackish snow. It will be a while before those go away...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL! I love the collage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your pictures! Especially that sunset one in the lower left corner. Wow, stunning. I'm so proud of you for carrying your camera with you at all times! People make so much fun of me, but I love being able to capture the things I love about my life at any given time.

    ReplyDelete