Wednesday, September 9, 2009

For those of you who only check my blog for the baby pics

I couldn't go too many posts without talking about our little Scout, or you might stop reading my blog entirely. Okay, really, I wouldn't know if you did. But because I'm not one to miss an opportunity to brag, and in honor of her being four months old today and having more than doubled her birth weight, here are some recent photos.


She's taken to wearing bugs on her head. It distracts from the ever-worsening baldness.

Hats also solve the aesthetic problems with thinning hair rather nicely. As Grandpa used to say, "You can't grow grass on a busy street."


This last one is here because I'm pretty sure she's putting her hand on what will shortly be a tooth.

5 comments:

  1. why can't i see the photos? I loved the CNN rant, but yes, I'm a Scout fan, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what happened between last night and this morning, but I think the photos should be back now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh, yes, baby pics!! and, no, i enjoy your rants as much i do the baby pics! just more glimpses into the world of mel :o)
    and, if only, if only, REAL news were easier to find!

    hey - while your babe is so young - the best way to do baby food is to steam or "stew" your veggies & fruits with no added anythings (minus a bit of water if needed)...let cool a little & puree in your blender or food processor. freeze in ice cube trays, then pop out & put in freezer zippered bags & label. then, use one cube at a time that's reheated in the microwave.
    don't do your own carrots (there are too many nitrates)...and there may be a couple other veggies, which should be in your books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She can't be related to her father. He didn't get his first tooth until he was 11 months. Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! She is getting so big! And she is so cute!

    ReplyDelete