Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 39: Zodiac Sign and Do You Think it Fits Your Personality?

Well...it's a good thing I watch The Daily Show, or I might have gotten this one wrong. I've always believed myself to be a Capricorn, but some people now say I'm actually a Sagittarius. I'm not certain it really makes much difference to me.

Having read both descriptions, I'm going to say I'm a little of each. And, in truth, there's probably a good deal of every sign in me, as I suspect there is in each of us. I do think I'm more of an introvert (capricorn) than extrovert (sagittarius). However, that comes from knowing absolutely that I'm an INFJ (yep, me and Gandhi). And that's a whole other discussion entirely. So we won't go there...today.

Below are descriptions of my two signs. I'll let you decide which fits me best.

Capricorn:

Capricorns are very ambitious people, they always have something they are pursuing and they want their lives to be fulfilled and important. Capricorns are extremely patient and will wait a long time for something they want, when the opportunity arises, they will plan their steps carefully to others, they might appear hesitant but this is not true, they know that there is only one chance to succeed and they are filing together their information to take the proper steps to accomplish their goal with flying colors, not just second rate. Capricorns have a very active mind and strong powers of concentration. Capricorns like being in control of their surroundings and everyone in their life. Capricorns are very cautious but this only to survey the situation before leaping in, they will never make a hasty jump in. They accept change but introduce it slowly so they can get used to it and incorporate it into their life. Capricorns tend to see life in black or white, definitive's only. There are no gray areas for these are areas that are not understood and this makes Capricorn feel uncomfortable. They tend to be in control in a romantic relationship that way they are never vulnerable to another person.

Sagittarius:

Sagittarius is the sign of the zodiac mainly concerned with philosophy, higher education and global thinking. It is ruled by Jupiter, the planet of expansion, benevolence and luck/fortune. Individuals who have a strong Sagittarian influence are typically interested in expanding their horizons through traveling abroad, learning foreign languages, or immersing themselves in unique cultures. These individuals thrive on higher education; once they find a subject(s) they’re passionate about, they will search relentlessly for more answers and more information to build on what they know. They are also fond of ethics, as it appeals to their philosophical nature and is a subject that is so contextually dependent that they’re skilled at being flexible in applying sound philosophical observations to complex situations.

Because Sagittarius is a mutable sign, they are generally very adaptable philosophically because they seek to understand the world from a higher perspective and are perspicacious in finding higher meanings through their varied encounters. They tend to be optimistic and have a great capacity for faith, as it is this good-natured faith that usually plays into their fortunate endeavors. They are not usually known for their reliability (unless they also have a significant Capricorn influence) because their attentions have a tendency to be scattered.

Sagittarius is a fire sign, which imparts a fiery enthusiasm that shows through their (blunt) sincerity, honest convictions, and drive for independence. They enjoy adventures and are partial to the great outdoors.

4 comments:

  1. No wonder we get along so well! I think we are both right in the middle. Maybe you are Capricorn with a Saggitarius influence and I am Saggitarius with a Capricorn influence. Descriptions of S. like this crack me up -- I guess I'm doing right what I'm supposed to be doing, being a philosophy professor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're more of the Capricorn variety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the change in zodiac signs only apply to those born after 2010...so it fits that you would be the original Capricorn. Likewise I fit the Gemini personality and not the new one I now fall under.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had an aunt who was really into astrology and she'd always tell me EVERYTHING I did was because of the way my stars were lined up. Funny. But I do believe there's some truth to everything and I loved reading about what my personality "should" be like according to my sign.

    ReplyDelete