Saturday, December 19, 2009

Check Marks

My brother says I need a clipboard, and maybe he's right. I am a maker of to-do lists. But I think I make the lists only because of the intense satisfaction of getting to check off the things I've done. The first thing on my list is always "make to-do list"; it's good to start things off well. I am always grateful to have a day (or two) to stay at home and take care of things around the house, particularly on weeks like this, when the work seems to grow exponentially.
Dishes.... Baby....
...washed.

Leftovers...
...eaten.

Laundry...
...sorted, washed, hung, dried, folded and put away.

Trash...
...emptied (it's still done, even if I didn't personally do it).

Kitchen, bathroom...
...mopped, cleaned.

Diapers...
...delivered.

Bills...

...paid and mailed.

Swing Virginia can climb out of, new hand-me-downs, unseasonable clothes...
disassembled, sorted, labeled and stored.

Christmas cards...

...written, addressed, stamped and mailed.

Sleep...

6 comments:

  1. I love the photo check list!
    miss you already... funny to think you are in a sunny place, and you only left this morning:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a lover of "to do" lists. I have a constant one in my head and then written ones for home and work for both long-term and short-term projects. I guess we are cut out of the same mold as far as this goes, but then we already knew that. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got everything done before you left. It's always stressful to travel. I wish we could be with the family this year. We will miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an impressive amount of stuff to get done. Did you do it all in one day!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, busy day! I just have mental check lists, but I still check off the items in my head. ;)

    ReplyDelete