Thursday, January 7, 2010

December 25 - The Star



One of my favorite symbols of Christmas is the star. I love that Christmas comes in the darkest part of the year and Christ is represented by light shining through the darkness. Of course this is no mere twinkle in the great dark sky; His star was so bright that there was no night at all in the Americas when He was born. And it was a guide to those who sought their Savior.

This Christmas I read about the Nephites in America and thought about the sign of Jesus's birth appearing on the last possible night before they would be put to death for believing in Him. So often, Heavenly Father sends relief only when we cannot wait any longer. In those moments of waiting, hoping to see the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel, I learn my own strength and often become stronger than I would have been without having to wait, hope and have faith that whatever blessing I need will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment