Monday, January 11, 2010

December 29 - Sleep

Sleep is a wonderful thing. I am amazed by the body's power to renew itself. Think about it. If your computer gets a virus and you shut it down, it's likely to be just as bad off, or worse, after a few days of rest. Your body, on the other hand, if given a little rest will heal itself of most things that ail it. It will even patch a hole in itself. That certainly can't be said for a pair of pants. And a car only recharges its battery when it's running. But if you put a dent in the hood, that dent is there to stay. Rest is a wonderful thing for regenerating the body.

Isn't it amazing that the world can seem to be at an end, but a little sleep will make it all better? Today, as is sometimes my privilege, I got to enjoy the difference between eight hours of sleep and two hours of sleep. Let me just say that I, and everyone who has to talk to me on the following day, prefer the former.

1 comment:

  1. yes yes yes! it is an amazing blessing, for our bodies to renew themselves with sleep. everything really does look so better in the morning! my four hours sunday night was nothing compared to last nights 10 hours!!!

    ReplyDelete