Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day 2: My Day

Got home a little late last night, so here's the day:

5:45 Virginia woke up. James got up and put her back to sleep.

7:15 Virginia woke up again. James got up and I kept sleeping.

8:15 (I know, but this almost never happens.) I finally got out of bed, took a shower and got ready to face the day.

9:00 I got Virginia changed, dressed and packed for a morning of fun.

10:00 Madison Children's Museum!! Tish and her boys met us there.

10:45 Madison Public Library! Virignia tried to climb into the fountain to see the frog statue. Who wants to play with boats, trains and trucks when there's a frog spitting water?

12:00 Home for lunch. Leftover pasta and Colcannon. Yum!

1:00 Nap for Virginia. While she napped, I made good progress in the book I'm supposed to be reading for the Book Club I'm hosting next week.

2:30 Virignia woke up. We built a train, read books, played with balls, sang, danced, ate snacks and I read about a page and a half of the aforementioned book.

4:45 I started dinner. Virginia was not pleased with this development, so James had to emerge from the office and remind her how fabulous her toys are for a few minutes.

5:45 Dinner on the table just as Alex, our guest, showed up. Perfect! We broke out the Thanksgiving tablecloth Mom found on clearance last year. I was feeling festive!

6:45 I changed for the opera. The dinner guest actually came so we could go to the opera together. Her husband works for Madison Opera and gets comp tickets. I think he's one of the best people to know in Madison, but maybe not for the same reason as Madison Magazine.

7:15 Left for the Overture Center. The parking ramp was full, so it took a long time to park.

7:40 We arrived in pick our favorite wedding cake (the opera was The Marriage of Figaro, so there was a cake competition in the lobby), greet Alex's husband Brian and avoid some people we did not want to see.

7:55 The usher was not very nice about us having only a general idea where we were going, but we made it to our fabulous seats. The woman next to me seemed to have a cough, so my opera experience was rather aromatic. Ah well, as the opera said, il perdono no merta chi agli altri non da.

8:00 Because this was opening night of Madison Opera's 50th Anniversary season, the Lt. Governor gave a little spiel at the beginning, and even gave Brian a little shout out.

9:30 Enjoyed some celtic art and met up with friends during intermission.

11:00 All agreed that the opera was hilarious, very entertaining and well cast. Alex went to the after-party to eat the wedding cake, and the rest of us headed home.

11:20 Got home, read scriptures, talked to James, got ready for bed and fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment