Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thoughts on Parenting: Be Careful What You Wish For

Things I never thought I'd hear myself say as a parent:
"I'm glad she likes books, but I wish she would play with her toys more."
"Aren't you tired of reading?"

I just put Virginia to bed. She took Goodnight Moon to bed with her. I'm pretty sure she's still in there turning the pages, even though there's only a night light to see by. It's doesn't much matter; we've read it so many times that she probably has the pictures memorized anyway. I know it's common for kids to stay up late reading in bed. I just didn't think it would begin at eighteen months.

1 comment:

  1. JD Loves books! His favorites are the Dinosaur ones. I think the first one in the series is "How Does a Dinosaur Say Goodnight" and he likes the Llama Mama ones as well. We have more children's books than I care to admit. ;-)

    ReplyDelete